Sunday, February 19, 2023

Day 4 of research- Trying to get a final idea for my opening

    So, I have been thinking about that I want to do for my film opening and I have realized that there are a couple problems with my original idea.

1. The number of people- I wanted there to be 4 actors in my original idea: me, my sister, and my 2 neighbors. But then I realized that I would only trust myself to be the one who films it, and how can I film it when I star in the opening. Then I thought- how about I film it and only 3 characters would act? But 3 characters would ruin the dynamic I wanted originally. Now I am frustrated on how I want to do it. I wouldn’t want to ask any of my other friends to be an actor because the chemistry wouldn’t be there.

2. Is each person going to be equally focused on?- If each character is equally focused on( like Friends), I would need to put a LOT of work and thinking into the project. 

 
    Then I thought- what if there’s just 2 characters? The opening starts off with me, the main character, getting my makeup done by my best friend. The backstory would be that my friend used to be a pure and innocent person, but as high school started, he began to do rebellious things. My character just goes along with the rebellious things he does because she doesn’t want to loose her best friend. 
    I also landed on an idea for the title of my opening- “Smudged.” It would appear in the beginning as the best friend smudges my makeup. When fixing it, the dialogue would communicate the idea that the main character feels stupid with this type of makeup on (it would be more edgy and have a skater vibe to it). Her friend reassures her that “he”(her crush) would like it. She soon notices his backpack and asks what is in it. He pulls out alcohol, which makes her realize how much her best friend has changed. Although she is upset that this is happening, she sneaks out with him anyways because after all, he is her best friend. She is also scared that if she doesn’t follow along something bad will happen. 
    Her friend would say “Okay we should go now” and climbs out the window. As she looks in the mirror, I will use animation techniques to draw clown features over her, suggesting that when looking in the mirror, she feels like a clown. These sketches would go away as her best friend yells “COME ON, let’s go” from outside the window. She runs to the window, climbs out it, and grabs her skateboard( which is on the grass outside). Once she shuts the window, a long silence will occur( the video would be taken from inside the bedroom). The audience would be left with a worried feeling about the main character.

    I may have to play the best friend and have someone else play the protagonist, but thats the idea I have so far.

Here are some photos of me and my neighbors where I drew inspiration from.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here are my CCR’s! CCR #1 CCR #2 Thank you! Hope you enjoy! ✌